Who Is Skyline?
At Skyline Technology Solutions, our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and that starts with the people that we hire to join our team. We envision a world in which critical infrastructure connects communities, fosters economic growth, and enables governments to share information to enhance public safety.
We are passionate about our work, and our values are core to who we are and who we are looking to have join our team.
Customer Success: co-creating value for our clients success
Curiosity: understanding the problems facing our customers
Leadership: choosing to do the right thing, even when it is the harder path
Trust and Respect: the foundation for building strong relationships
Accountability: owning our actions, decisions, and results regardless of outcome
Driving Sales Interactions with Existing Customers and Prospects
- Responsible for driving sales and services, by building and maintaining relationships with multiple layers of organizations from operations through to key decision makers at the executive level.
- Primarily focused on driving new sales with assigned existing customers and prospects, as well as greenfield opportunities in your assigned region(s).
- Accountable for positioning all relevant Skyline solutions to the appropriate stakeholders at each prospect or existing customer.
- Establish and own relationships with key buying influences.
- Expected to build relationships with C-Level relationships at customers.
- Balance short-term revenue wins with long-term (multi-year) engagements that create recurring revenue. Ultimate success is defined by becoming a trusted IT (Information Technology) partner with customers, helping them to develop, craft, and prioritize their strategic roadmap.
- Ability to navigate the sale process in complex customer environments, with multiple stakeholders, and multiple influencers in the buying process.
- Actively engage in the iteration of focused value chain (solutions, partners, value propositions) definition and related positioning to customers and prospects
- Conduct sales visits and presentations, partnering with Skyline solutions architects to position Skyline value propositions to customers and prospects.
- Maintain solutions expertise and consult on sales / marketing documentation. Incrementally develop the ability to play the role of the solution architect by actively figuring out to leverage their knowledge to make initial sales encounters more compelling for prospects.
- Engage relevant customers and prospects with Skyline sales campaigns as directed by the Sales Operations Manager.
- Create opportunities to further educate and sell to customers and prospects.
- Provide feedback from customers and prospects that help to redirect or modify campaigns.
- Attend conferences and events in your assigned region(s) to prospect and position Skyline in the marketplace.
- Be willing to travel as needed to prospect and drive sales.
- Managing Sales Priorities & Account Strategy
- Maintain a strategic capture plan for your accounts, using the standard template provided
- Develop quarterly metrics / initiatives for each account as part of your plan
- Update your strategic plans quarterly (at a minimum)
- Present performance reporting each quarter
- Relative to established plans and quarterly initiatives
- Relative to projected revenue
- Provide any changes to subsequent quarterly initiatives
- Leverage GovWin to have awareness of recompetes and other RFPs that are expected to be released so that you can incorporate into your plans / initiatives, and so that Skyline capture team can support capture strategy activities as early as possible.
- Proposals, Awarded Sales
- Work with the company lead for pricing and proposals to develop competitive and comprehensive RFP (request for proposals) responses and SOWs (statement of work) (statement of work).
- Iterate on the provided proposal from delivery to ensure that proposals provide Skyline with the best chance of success (pricing, themes, deliverables, etc.)
- Add the intro and executive summary sections for each proposal.
- Provide a win announcement to the sales operations manager within 48 hours (about 2 days) of award / purchase order. Use the approved template.
- Populate the Sales to Delivery PowerPoint template and schedule an internal meeting to review and align deliverables and strategy as part of the internal kickoff for new sales.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of experience selling complex IT solutions across multiple disciplines such as network services, systems, structure cabling, outside plant, and IT operations. Experience working in aspects of the delivery process for the above solutions is preferred
- Experience in working on deals that have sales cycles from 6 – 48 months (about 4 years) where competitive bid processes may be required.
- Experience working with hardware / software channel partners to collaborate on sales strategy.
- 5+ years of experience cultivating and closing larger sales opportunities, over $1 million in annual revenue, for individual customers is preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with State & Local Government. Experience leveraging and/or managing contract vehicles and the RFP proposal process preferred.
Skyline Technology Solutions is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solution provider, and product developer to transportation, education, and public safety customers in federal, state and local, and commercial spaces.
Headquartered in Maryland, Skyline is passionately committed to unlocking value for clients by building trusting relationships that translate to delivering solutions with outstanding customer service. Skylines specializations in managed IT solutions, public safety data, video interoperability, and physical security and access control services are currently employed in 17 states across the U.S. Find out more about Skyline by visiting skylinenet.net.