Who Is Skyline?
At Skyline Technology Solutions, our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and that starts with the people that we hire to join our team. We envision a world in which critical infrastructure connects communities, fosters economic growth, and enables governments to share information to enhance public safety.
We are passionate about our work, and our values are core to who we are and who we are looking to have join our team.
Customer Success: co-creating value for our clients success
Curiosity: understanding the problems facing our customers
Leadership: choosing to do the right thing, even when it is the harder path
Trust and Respect: the foundation for building strong relationships
Accountability: owning our actions, decisions, and results regardless of outcome
**This position requires some onsite work, residency in the DMV area required**
- Product Division Operational Support
- For DOT clients execute implementation and logistics for field Network maintenance.
- Perform Product application Tier 3 Product S/W outage triage/troubleshooting/resolution for DOT clients.
- Participate in change control process for DOT platform.
- Participate in Product Operations on-call rotation.
- Product Division Project Delivery
- Execute DOT related project task work as required.
- Assist with the maintenance and updates to Network documentation of the Product DOT platform.
- Assist with monthly DOT performance reporting.
- Support DOT Operations and Engineering teams as a Network SME.
- Product Division Service Delivery Integration
- Assist with process integration and continuous improvement enhancements with Product Tech, Networking, and Service Desk teams for DOT platform.
- Specialize in DevOps, Containerization, CI/CD, VMWare/VSphere, and related improvements.
- Specialize in VMWare/VSphere suite(s).
- Networking Knowledge and Systems Advancement
- Progress towards and achieves certifications.
- Self-education on supporting technologies both new and old.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS extremely preferred, not required.
- 2+ years experience with video interoperability.
- 2-5 years working experience in IT.
- JNCIA-JUNOS (or path towards)
- JNCIS-ENT (or path towards)
- AWS Certification preferred
- VMWare Certification preferred
Technical Skills Requirements
- Fluent in Junos/Cisco IOS
- Configuration change management
- IOS/Junos code upgrade process
- Hardware/software troubleshooting and log analysis
- Foundational understanding of IP routing technologies
- Static routing
- Foundational understanding of multicast technologies
- Versed in Service Provider network technologies
- WAN Circuit components and service delivery methodology
- MPLS Layer 3 VPN
- Foundational understanding of firewall technologies
- Cisco ASA/ASDM Management tools
- Cisco VNMC interface and virtual firewall management
- Juniper SRX
- Firewall rule composition
- Access List functionality
- Zone based security policies
- Remote Access VPN
- Familiar with load balancing technologies
- F5 GTM functionality
- F5 LTM functionality
- Adept and familiarity with Virtual Systems
Skyline Technology Solutions is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solution provider, and product developer to transportation, education, and public safety customers in federal, state and local, and commercial spaces.
Headquartered in Maryland, Skyline is passionately committed to unlocking value for clients by building trusting relationships that translate to delivering solutions with outstanding customer service. Skylines specializations in managed IT solutions, public safety data, video interoperability, and physical security and access control services are currently employed in 17 states across the U.S. Find out more about Skyline by visiting skylinenet.net.