Who is Skyline?
At Skyline Technology Solutions, our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and that starts with the people that we hire to join our team. We envision a world in which critical infrastructure connects communities, fosters economic growth, and enables governments to share information to enhance public safety.
We are passionate about our work, and our values are core to who we are and who we are looking to have join our team.
Customer Success: co-creating value for our clients success
Curiosity: understanding the problems facing our customers
Leadership: choosing to do the right thing, even when it is the harder path
Trust and Respect: the foundation for building strong relationships
Accountability: owning our actions, decisions, and results regardless of outcome
- SIEM Project Engineering, Implementation, and Support
- Act as a security information and event management (SIEM) system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to architect, engineer, implement, and support organization and customer projects.
- Interact with stakeholders in gathering requirements, onboarding data sources, configuration, and optimization of the SIEM suite of tools including products such as Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Design and development of custom complex search queries to promote and support advance searching, forensics, and analytics.
- Design and develop dashboards, data models, reports, visualizations, and perform performance optimization.
- Provide knowledge and ability to architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed, multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment environments.
- Provide support for SIEM deployment and server infrastructure analysis, optimization, and capacity planning.
- Provide support for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources to include various OS, appliance, and application logs.
- Drive ongoing improvement of processes for integrating SIEMs and ingesting data.
- Develop and provide documentation on SIEM architectures, technical designs, data flows, as-built documents, and SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business Development
- Assist with project Level of Effort (LoE) creation and scoping.
- Serve as a SME on Splunk and other SIEMs to assist with business development proposals.
- Internal Security Work Prioritization, Planning, and Scheduling meetings
- Attend project specific planning meetings for projects with a vested interest.
- Attend weekly team planning meetings.
- Attend daily standups.
- Personal Growth and Development
- Continual professional growth in the security field through the pursuit of Splunk and other vendor specific certifications.
- Expand skillset in soft skills, leadership, and management through continual personal development. Specifically using skyline library, participation in Skyline training, or additional methods.
- Attend Splunk conferences for personal development and networking opportunities.
- Attend One-on-Ones, performance management, and interviews.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least seven (7) years of experience in an information technology related field.
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience in engineering, implementation, and support of security information and event management technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Cyber Security Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in an information technology related field in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Technical Skills Requirements
- Strong demonstrated experience with Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Strong demonstrated experience with SIEM architecture, design, and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with operational and security hardening configuration for SIEM solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management and change control for SIEM solutions.
- Demonstrated experience managing and troubleshooting SIEM systems in Windows and various Linux distributions.
- Scripting experience with one or more of the following languages: PowerShell, Bash, Shell, and/or Python
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Splunk certifications, for example: Splunk Power User, Splunk Enterprise Admin, Splunk Enterprise Architect, and Splunk Enterprise Security Admin
- Splunk Certified Core Consultant certification
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP, and cloud security architecture.
- Experience with other SIEM programs such as ELK and Azure Sentinel.
- Experience in project task technical analysis, planning, and estimation.
- Experience with technology capabilities market research, technical analysis/review, and recommendation.
Skyline Technology Solutions is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solution provider, and product developer to transportation, education, and public safety customers in federal, state and local, and commercial spaces.
Headquartered in Maryland, Skyline is passionately committed to unlocking value for clients by building trusting relationships that translate to delivering solutions with outstanding customer service. Skylines specializations in managed IT solutions, public safety data, video interoperability, and physical security and access control services are currently employed in 17 states across the U.S. Find out more about Skyline by visiting skylinenet.net.