Skyline is on the lookout for a NOC Technician to join our vibrant, engaging and growing team in Maryland. Take your talents to a whole new level while providing important and meaningful contributions to our organization.
- Work in the Network Operations Center monitoring customer networks
- Provide superior customer service by being courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues across a wide range of routers and switches.
- Knowledge and experienced with Layer 1 and Layer 2 troubleshooting and practice
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- This position requires you to work nights, Holidays and weekends as well as be on-call when required
*He or she must be willing and able to work shifts to support a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays. This full-time position reports to the Managed Services Center Team Lead.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years related Network Operations Center (NOC) experience (or similar IT experience)
- 1-3 Years troubleshooting network connectivity on Cisco routers and switches using SSH, Telnet from a command line interface
- Knowledge and experience with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route
- Experience troubleshooting T1 problems with vendors (Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience using a trouble ticketing system such as Remedy
- Experience using network monitoring systems such as HP Openview, Solarwinds Orion, and Cacti
- CCENT Certification, and/or the desire and ability to work towards the CCNA certification
Skyline is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solutions provider, and product development organization headquartered in Maryland and serving clients throughout North America.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, while passionately creating solutions to complex problems. We strive to co-create value with employees, customers, partners, and our community in every interaction.
We establish trusting relationships through capability, commitment, and consistency. We openly communicate, deepening relationships through mutual trust, respect, and grace; even in times of adversity.
If you are looking to work for a company that cares deeply about its employees and clients, if you’re inspired by our mission and values, if you want to further develop yourself and others, please apply today!